RIM recently published a new knowledge base article in the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center on how to install third-party apps through Desktop Manager 1.0 for Mac computers. This guide uses the Applications Tool that comes bundled in the Mac desktop software. Here are the steps:
1. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
2. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the Mac computer.
3. Type your password, if prompted.
4. Select Applications.
5. Select the + icon to add the third-party application.
6. Go to the directory of the application you want to add, select the .alx file, and click Open.
7. Select the application check box.
8. Select Start.
If you have any questions feel free to leave them in the comments! While I don’t have a Mac, I’m sure there are plenty of BlackBerry users who have one that are willing to help.